Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waiting...

I had to climb over 48 4x4 bits of pressed paper, that are drying with four coats of gesso, to scan heart seven, which you can see below. That is to say it's the fourth coat of gesso that is drying on one side. There will be four more on the other side, minimum. It feels, at times, like most of my artistic life is spent watching the gesso dry. I know that several of my friends feel the same! When no inspiration will come, I like to sit down with a sponge brush and throw some coats of white onto various objects. I like to be ready when inspiration drops in, like an unexpected guest three hours early, whe you've got one hand up a turkey's butt and your hair is still in that topknot twist you put it in to keep it out of the bath water, then promptly forgot about. Yeah, it's like that.

Momo and Paco keep trying to eat the hearts, but have thus far been unsuccessful. They have, however, developed a taste for the Califoria redrood table in the livingroom. Yikes.

Do you have any fresh art this year? Please feel free to link to your blog or flickr pool in the comments. Eye candy is always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment