Sunday, January 3, 2010

Challenged

Posting to a blog every day is challenging. You're probably thinking, "Uh, Nicci. This is day 3. You're already challenged?" I'm always a little challenged! LOL no, but seriously. This once a day every day thing is pretty rough. I'm more of a go nuts and make a bunch of work, then fiddle with backgrounds for a couple days, gesso everything la la la. And then it gets cat or dog hair stuck in it, so I have to pick it out, then gesso again. Animal fur is a free bonus in my artwork.

It seemed wise to start with greyscale 2D work, then progress slowly adding color as it wants to seep in. I can't resist the red forever. Crimson is pushy, you know.

Meanwhile, the acrylic ink progresses, and the canvas gets slightly larger... from 3.5 to 4 inches at the largest dimension (you'll see tomorrow)! 4x4 is surely to follow, given the number of pressed paper coasters in my possession. (Thank you, Farmboy!)

I found a couple of neat little flickr groups dedicated to the art of the heart. There's some good stuff, so eh seen it 5 thousand times before stuff, but also the occasionally really great things to be found there.


One of my adorable puppies ate my favorite flip flops while I was messing around with inks earlier. Mojito likes to nibble things in my bedroom, and leave his chewies, bones, and treats in my bed. We're having boundary issues. Paco, the other pup, ate someone's artwork the other day, when Spike (orange & white kitty), kicked it off of my desk. Art through furry adversity. You know you love a creature when they trash art and you still love them. Faith (black kitty) likes to drag things with dangly bits through her water bowl. You can imagine how my chunky book pages fare with her around...

If you make any heart related art, please feel free to leave me links in comments! I would love to go look.

Back to the art!

xox <3

edit: Just noticed my posts were going in on Pacific time! Fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment