Monday, January 11, 2010

Shaped & Painted & Not Yet Scanned

Snow. So much snow (as in days it has snowed, not accumulation). I should go outside and sculpt some hearts in snow and ice, photograph them, then scamper back in and upload. If it weren't so cold, and I weren't such a pansy when it comes to cold (after a year of living in Savannah), I might just do that. This project is the excuse that might send me out there in 3 scarves. must find socks.

I was introduced to Andy Goldsworthy's work when I was 15. I still love it very much. Heart edition? Brrr.

Hearts 7 through 11 aren't scanned in yet. Coming Soon.

I dug out my large easel from behind a hulking set of shelves, and put a 15x20ish canvas on it. There are several uneven coats of gesso on it, and a friend sent me some watercolors for the holidays. Stay tuned.

You know it's only a matter of time before the heart shaped food starts happening...

No comments:

Post a Comment